REGIONAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE:
The Account Executive position (currently seeking candidates in the Midwest) is a key sales component of the Routeware North American sales team. This position is responsible for executing regional sales and business development strategies within a North American territory consisting of approximately 8 - 10 states, and perhaps several Canadian provinces. The Account Executive is responsible for identifying and closing both new name business opportunities as well as further developing existing customers.
In the hunter role, the candidate will be responsible for acquiring new clients that meet Routeware’s basic prospect profile, within the waste hauling and other mobile fleet industries. In the business development role, the candidate will be assigned a list of existing customers to manage and develop. In both cases the candidate will develop revenue-producing relationships with decision-making CxO level executives and drive the sales cycle of all assigned sales opportunities from initial prospect communication through contract execution.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets established by the Vice President of Sales
- Achieve lead generation, prospecting and other sales management goals designed to build an optimal sales pipeline
- Personally develop strong, long-term relationships and referrals with senior management within assigned territory
- Manage the end-to-end sales process for all opportunities including initial client communication, on-site presentations, RFI response, RFP submission, negotiation and deal signing. The candidate is the focal point for all communication and sales activities with prospects and customers
- Work in close collaboration with Routeware’s presales, postsales, and Executive Management teams to ensure that proposed offerings and services fully meet customers’ business and technology needs
- Adhere to all Routeware Sales, Human Resource, and corporate ethical policies, standards and guidelines
- Demonstrate strong personal communication and presentation skills to establish interest, credibility and trust
Skill and Experience Requirements
- Demonstrated success in both new business acquisition and customer development selling in an enterprise software and/or IT services/technology environment
- Demonstration of consistent over-achievement of client acquisition and sales revenue targets
- At least 5 - 8 years of direct sales experience in an enterprise software and/or IT services/technology environment. Experience in the waste industry and/or other fleet technology sales is a plus
- Experience with vendor selection processes including RFI and RFP issuance and response management
- Ability to maintain strong sales management focus during sales cycles that are typically six months to one year in duration
- Demonstrated ability to manage often complex negotiations with senior-level business and technology executives
- Thorough command of English, both written and spoken
- The candidate is expected to travel regularly to regional prospect and customer locations to support lead generation, sales presentations, contract negotiations, and ongoing relationship building
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE:
We are expanding our sales force with energetic team members who seek rapid advancement and excellent compensation. As a part of our sales team, you will receive:
- Comprehensive training
- Medical and Dental beginning the 1st of the month following employment
- 401k Retirement Plan after 90 days
- Life Insurance and AD&D Coverage
- Competitive salary
- We expect our reps to earn over $75,000 at target and our top earners can make over $100,000
Our dress code for sales representatives is business casual. Our office is closed on weeknights and weekends and our time off policy is competitive. This position can be performed remotely and may include occasional travel for training, conferences, etc. We value a reasonable life-work balance and we attract bright people who work well with others.
You will receive and generate leads from various sources that you alone will close. You will also uncover opportunities for more senior representatives whose success will be yours as well.
Keys to success
- A will to win
- High Character, Integrity & Intelligence
- Responsible for contacting targeted prospects that are generated by others and through personal effort
- Responsible for closing prospects that satisfy certain criteria
- Responsible for referring leads that are beyond certain criteria to others and co-selling when appropriate
- Commit to continuous personal development via product and professional training
- Assist with duties that transform customers into raving fans
- Excellent communications skills
- Entrepreneurial instincts and attitude
- Confidence, positive outlook, and good negotiation skills
- Good computer skills; comfortable with MS Office and CRM systems like Salesforce.com
- Experience in transportation industry a plus
If you are interested in any of these exciting opportunities, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The preceding position descriptions are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by an incumbent employee. It is not intended to be construed either as an employment contract or as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified or assigned.